Book: A small edible garden with perennials
Author: Madelon Oostwoud
Nominated for the Jan Wolkers Prize 2016. Enjoying delicious fruit, vegetables, herbs and edible flowers from your own land is also possible with a small garden or balcony. This book offers plenty of inspiration for the design, construction and maintenance of a small edible garden with perennials. And all that without a lot of work and maintenance. The many practical tips, feasible examples and designs will help you on your way!
'A small edible garden' offers a fresh view of garden landscaping and provides about 10 detailed designs with accompanying plant list for fragrant, colorful and tasteful gardens.
– Create an edible ornamental garden on the balcony, in containers and in the open ground
– With perennials (sun plants, shade plants, high, low, perennial, pot)
– Inspiring tips for landscaping and garden design
– Optimal use of sunlight and rainwater
– Fixed, hardy, perennial and self
-seeding plants, so low maintenance
– Sowing, cuttings, propagating, tearing
– Tools, hard materials, climbing plant supports
– Attracting and repelling animals and insects, composting
– Tips for harvesting, storage and processing
– With separate plant list already selection guide (more than 200 types of edible perennials)
Unique is the separate plant list as a choice guide: with more than 200 types of edible perennials (with information about, among other things, soil type, growth habit and application in the kitchen). This is removable and can easily be taken to the garden center. Very handy!
'A small edible garden' is a wonderfully creative book, also suitable for beginners!
From the press
‘Gardens to die for’ – Trouw‘Vegetable garden and ornamental garden in one… How do you turn a small urban garden into an edible paradise? Madelon Oostwoud fills the gap between common vegetable garden books and extensive books on permaculture' – roosgoesgreen'Finally a Dutch book about what permaculture strives for: working with nature, also on a small scale, in your own garden. Madelon has done groundbreaking work with the loose list of perennial edible plants.'Taco Blom Permaculture School Netherlands
Madelon Oostwoud is a stylist and designer. She has written several hobby books and has been gardening at 5 x 5 meters for over 20 years.
garden books, garden designs, garden plans, landscaping, garden ideas, picking gardens, edible plants, flowers, perennials, vegetables, fruit, berries, seeds, herbs, food from nature, creating a small garden, balcony, roof terrace, mini garden, ornamental gardens, natural gardening, nature friendly gardening, ecological gardening, organic gardening, plant lists, permaculture, paleo, vegetable garden, urban gardening, urban gardening, small city garden